Nyheter

lördag 28 november 2009

Paul Fromm 091128

Radical Tamils Threaten & Police Pressure Toronto Immigration Reformer




[The experience of Kyle Smith, a Toronto area resident who tried to organize a protest against the thousands of radical Tamil Tiger supporters who blocked Toronto roads and even the Gardiner Expressway for six hours on Mother's Day is shocking. It's a story of out-of-control terrorists supporters threatening a native born young Canadian who dared to exercise his right to express a political opinion. And it is the story of gutless politically correct policing that offered no support when this young man was threatened by terrorists. -- Paul Fromm]
I started the protest against the Tamils after seeing them take over the Gardiner Expressway. I started off by creating a Facebook group and posting my views, and quickly got over 400 supporters, of which 150 committed to staging a counter protest. We were planning to gather at Nathan Phillips Square, go to Toronto City Hall, then down to Toronto Police Services headquarters. Our demand was simple,:arrest lawbreakers and enforce laws that ALL citizens must abide by. The blatant hypocrisy of police inaction was too much.


I called TPS (Toronto Police Services) one week before the protest and told the events co-ordinator of my plans, the day, time and number of people. He said that would be OK, no permit was needed. At this point, I was getting publicity. The John Oakley Show called me and I did a interview, Joe Warming wrote a piece in the Toronto Sun,. Councillor Rob Ford was in e-mail contact showing support. AM 640 even ran a spot during their every 20 minutes news update announcing our group's name, and the time, date and place of our protest. Three days before the protest I received a call from a female constable in TPS saying that I should cancel my protest, the police were already stretched, it would be nothing but trouble, the Tamils would come to fight, and so on. I told the constable I wasn't interested, and it would continue as scheduled. A few hours later my frantic mom called me saying they received a call from TPS saying that I was a troublemaker, and that I was going to instigate violence and that I personally would be held responsible for anything that happened. They said I could be charged. I received another call from a male constable saying that I really should listen and not hold the protest. I reiterated I wasn't going to back down.


My mom called again saying two police officers from Peel region [where Kyle's family lived] were at the door looking for me. (I don't live at home, and they know that. They went to put pressure and intimidate my family.) I received a call again from the TPS, I was very upset at this point, This time though the police said that I should “hold off my protest” because a new strategy was in place to contain the Tamils and the new tactics would be harsh and direct. At this point, I just agreed and told them that in one week's time, my protest would be back on if I was not satisfied with what I saw. By the time the next weekend came, however, the Tamils Tigers had been defeated in Sri Lanka and the Tigers had surrendered and over night the Tiger protests in Toronto ended. I was fully ready to mobilize and protest if the Tigers continued their terrorist attacks on Toronto and would have embarrassed the Police.



I got my first death threat almost as soon as I started the Tamil page. This was from a guy who bragged he was linked to a murder case.

"Kc Paramanathan

You know what i'm going to try my best to find out every little thing about you. I don't care if i have to go add your friends from a girls account and trick them to tell me where i could find you. Kyle goodnight. & don't try to be a hero because you do not want to piss off anymore people then you already have. Don't always think the cops have your back. I've been involved in a murder case and i'm telling you don't think the copz are your friends.


I called the Toronto police and gave them this exchange and the threats made to me over the Internet. Their response was that I had it coming and that I shouldn't provoke such dangerous people.

My other death threats came later after all the publicity. The e-mails came from people using the names Rupen Balaram, apparently a LTTE leader, he got two people Sabapathy Devekumar and Gunabalasingam Balasubramaniam) to message me. These men admitted working for Balaram and knew my postal code, address, phone number and pictures. The mewssages, misspellings and all are exactly as sent to me.


Sabapathy Devakumar August 7

Balaram has much more important priorities.

He is a great person, and it is not the first time anyone has tried to kill him, me or other LTTE members, and you are not the last one. As I wrote, YOU WILL BEG for mercy. There is nothing you or any one esle can do, you will be dealt with at a time of my choosing. Ask yourself when ... that is all. May be in week, month, or year. ... You can be found easily, very easily.


Sabapathy Devakumar July 29

And as for July 04 2009 [Toronto Tamil Tiger protest[, yes a few thousands people attended. Still more than the hundreds who 'welcomed" the losers who came back from Afghanistan. ... in peieces ... Ha ha ha.... Wait for the day we assassinate Rajapakse (SL President) and his borthers ... just wait... Canadian army got sucked in someone'else war!!!! Yet its people tell us our situation is not Canada's problem... What is it 129 dead losers who for the most part did not even die in combat? Wow your "soldires" are so brave & good. We Tamils and other LTTE are smiling each time a white Christian British trash comes back blown up."


I called the police and again was brushed off, they said they’d investigate, but when I inquired further after a week they said they had nothing new but maybe I had brought this on myself.

I moved two days later, breaking my lease. -- Kyle Smith


[This article appears in the November, 2009 issue of the CANADIAN IMMIGRATION HOTLINE. Published monthly, the CANADIAN IMMIGRATION HOTLINE is available by subscription for $30 per year. You can subscribe by sending a cheque or VISA number and expiry date to CANADIAN IMMIGRATION HOTLINE, P.O. Box 332, Rexdale, ON., M9W 5L3.]

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar